2013年7月25日星期四

These Manolos may be the perfect traditional wedding shoes


Let’s dispense with the “these shoes look so familiar” portion of this post first: the Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pumps were famously featured in bright blue satin in the first Sex and the City movie. Since then, Blahnik has released the shoes in several other colors, and this dark silver metallic is the latest iteration.
Regardless of your feelings about the films, I could look at this particular pair and only think one thing: wedding. A good light-colored formal shoe is hard to find, and unless you’re going to choose a dress with a lot of yellow undertones, this pair might be the perfect choice for a formal wedding. I’m not one to recommend a pair of shoes dyed to match your dress, and this kind of contrast and sparkle is exactly what I would want peeking out from under my gown.

Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pump These Manolos may be the perfect traditional wedding shoes
Since I almost always really, really dislike white, cream or ivory shoes, silver of some sort is likely the route that I’ll take for any future weddings that I may have. For an indoor evening event, I can’t imagine a pair that I would rather have, particularly if everyone at the wedding is wearing black tie. They’re traditional and glamorous while still having the extra caché of being a shoe that Sex and the City made famous. Come to think of it, you could get them in their original sapphire satin to fulfill the “something borrowed, something blue” superstition.

没有评论:

发表评论